Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Renaissance Fair

This weekend we went to the Kansas City Ren Fair! My nerdy husband and his equally as nerdy friends have been talking about it for weeks now. Here is a snippet from my husband's email.

"Thought I'd try to organize a renfest weekend if anyone's interested in going. I'd really be open to any weekend, but I've listed several with tasty or interesting sounding events." 

And he did, his email then continued with the days activities in a nice bullet point list. We went last year, when I was pregnant and about as big as a house. Walking on two swollen legs and feet. It was awful. Particularly because I had no desire to show the world my sexy sexy cankles. It was hot, I was in pants, and 7 months preggo with twins. Not my brightest ideas when I suggested to go last year. We also went by our selves last year so we missed the witty repartee that comes with any afternoon with the guys.
*On that note I would just like to say how much I love the show "The Big Bang Theory". I watch that show to hear/see the same jokes, conversations and social awkwardness that is ever present in my everyday life.*
Anyways, I just love the Renfair and the people there. As you walk around you see people from every walk of life. Nerds, the rich, "normal", hipsters, punks, ect. There are people dressed up in Renfair get-ups. But there are also people dressed in random costumes. The best part is that these people are there to have fun. They come dressed to impress, not caring if they look ridiculous. I also feel like most people there aren't judging them. This is a place where they feel safe. Where they can be themselves. I say, go for it!!!
So, the boys loved it. They where so good, not crying and screaming until the end (nearly 5 hours at the fair). They napped, ate, and drank like all good babies. Maybe next year well have even more fun!

The boys watching a belly dancing show.

No comments:

Post a Comment