Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Yummy yummy Teriyaki Chicken Shish Kabobs

These are some yummy shish kabobs that I make. Mine are gluten free because I get a GF teriyaki sauce from Whole Foods. We have them with rice but you can eat them my themselves if you wish. They are very easy to make and don't cost that much. I would budget $10-$15 for this meal. I always have chicken in the freezer and rice in the cabinet so I normally just have to grab the fresh veggies and pineapple. 



Ingredients:

1 lb Chicken
1 Bottle of Teriyaki Sauce
4 Medium size peppers of any color
1 Fresh pineapple 
1 Red onion

Other Items: 

Shish Kabobs skewers 
Cutting board
Knife
2 Containers
Foil
Cookie sheet  





1st Step: 

Before hand (about an hour or two) cut 1 lb of chickin into small 1 inch pieces. You don't want them to very is size due to cooking time for smaller or larger pieces. Place chicken pieces into the container.  



Step 2:
Pour some of the tariyaki sauce over the chicken just enough. I never measure it, I just kinda eyeball it. 







Step 3:
Cut peppers, pineapple and the onion into large piece, about the same size as the chicken. Place into the other container. Remember to cut your pineapple in to LARGE pieces. It is much easier to skewer them if they are large. (I forgot to document that part, sorry.)



Step 4:
When the chicken is done marinating construct your kabobs. I put two or three pieces of chicken on each one. 
Place on to a foil covered cookie sheet and put in a 375* oven for 20-30 minutes. (I always keep an eye on them checking every so often.) Turn them once or twice.



Step 5:
Check the chicken to see if they are fully cooked. I like to take mine off of the skewer and eat them with rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment