Thursday, October 4, 2012

Growth Chart


I have been wanting a growth chart fora while now. I just wasn't sure if I was going to puss out and buy one or if I was going to get my crafting on and make one. After not finding what I wanted, I came up with a plan. I took my time planning out what I wanted it to look like, what I would need, and how much it would cost.

Here's the breakdown for materials and prices:

Board: We found a nice piece of wood in the garage that we cut down to the size I wanted.

Paints: 10 different colors of paint and a large bottle of white paint. I used acrylic craft paint from Michael's. They are always having a sale on their paints so just keep an eye out.

Brushes: I already had a set of 25 brushes from Michael's. I got them like six months ago so I don't remember the price. Here's a link...

Spray finish: I got a semi gloss coating to spray on it when I'm all done.

Stencils: Again, Micheal’s. I got these for their names along the top and for the numbers that run downthe side.


Board: $0.00
Paints: $8.90
Brushes: $12.00
Spray finish: $4.99
Stencils: $4.99

Total: $30.88

And here is my progress:


I made this in photoshop  before I  started  any painting.
Before the primer
Dry primer and templet. I grided the paper and drew out what I had done in Photoshop.
I wanted separate stencils for the animals so I could easily recreate them.
I painted the background first. 
Hard to see but I traced the animals and the tree with a pencil first. 
First animal done! Looks pretty cute. 
Night ones work completed. 
All animals have been painted, next step stencils. 
Added clear coat then, all done! 

Gettin' measured! 

No comments:

Post a Comment