Saturday, September 29, 2012

Stay at home moms vs working moms

Yes, I'm a stay at home mom. Yes, I like being a stay at home mom. There is just so much judgement on both sides of this topic.

One side says; why would you take your husband's last name?! Your giving up your individuality. That you are no more than a slave. You need to get out from the shackles of oppressive/subservient sexism. Every women should have a career. Why are you even thinking of getting married?! Seesh!

Then the other side; if you go to work, just who is going to raise your children? You're not really a mother or a wife if you go to work. I'm better then you because I can stay home with my children. You're selfish if you want a career and "you set your family aside".

I say - to each their own. If you want to work, great. If you want to stay home, great. For me, I love staying home with my boys. Teaching them new things everyday. I tried the working and daycare thing. Didn't like it. Wasn't for us. We don't need me to work right now so I have decided to stay at home. Not only do I like taking care of my kids but I like "taking care of my husband". I like making dinner, doing laundry and cleaning the house. I love organizing and being crafty. There is not a job I would rather be doing. Maybe later I will go back to school and finish my education but for now I want to educate my children.

Also, I have nothing against single mothers or fathers. I am impressed that they do it all on their own. I don't know what I would do if I had to take care of these two boys alone. They sacrifice so much and should be praised for that. 'Good on ya' I say!

I would just like to share this awesome website my father sent me.
What a stay at home mom is worth...

No comments:

Post a Comment